Antihistamines as a whole decrease blood flow to the penis and are well known to cause erectile dysfunction. To add to that, they’re also more common than you think. Sure, you know Benadryl, Claritin, and Zyrtec, but doctors also often prescribe these drugs to manage nausea, relax stiff muscles, and induce sleep.
Can allergy medicine cause erectile dysfunction?
Antihistamines like Benadryl, Dramamine, and Phenergan can also cause erectile dysfunction. Antihistamines block the action of histamine, a chemical in the body that is involved in allergic reactions but also healthy erections.
What drugs can cause erectile dysfunction?
Common medications that may list ED as a potential side effect include:
- Diuretics (pills that cause increase urine flow).
- Antihypertensives (high blood pressure drugs).
- Parkinson’s disease drugs.
- Antiarrhythmics (drug for irregular heart action).
- Muscle relaxants.
14 окт. 2019 г.
Can cold medicine cause erectile dysfunction?
Many common medications, including over-the-counter medications, can cause short-term ED. Cold medications with antihistamines, some blood pressure drugs, prescription pain relievers, sleep aids, and pills for depression or anxiety are all possible triggers.
Can Sudafed cause erectile dysfunction?
Those men who consume Sudafed, and other nasal decongestants that contain pseudoephedrine, also experience erectile dysfunction. Similarly, men who take medication that prohibit blood flow, like anti-depressants, will find that erectile dysfunction might become more common than not.
What are the causes of weak erection?
Physical causes of erectile dysfunction
- Heart disease.
- Clogged blood vessels (atherosclerosis)
- High cholesterol.
- High blood pressure.
- Metabolic syndrome — a condition involving increased blood pressure, high insulin levels, body fat around the waist and high cholesterol.
- Parkinson’s disease.
27 мар. 2020 г.
What is the fastest way to cure erectile dysfunction?
The fastest way to cure erectile dysfunction is to attend to heart and vascular health, psychological health and to use other treatments.
How do you fix erectile dysfunction?
Here are some steps that might help:
- If you smoke, quit. If you have trouble quitting, get help. …
- Lose excess pounds. Being overweight can cause — or worsen — erectile dysfunction.
- Include physical activity in your daily routine. …
- Get treatment for alcohol or drug problems. …
- Work through relationship issues.
27 мар. 2020 г.
How can I fix my ED without medication?
Losing weight, eating better, getting more active, drinking less alcohol and getting better sleep can all help reverse problems that contribute to impotence, according to a new study published recently in the Journal of Sexual Medicine.
How can I permanently make a man impotent at home?
- Panax ginseng. Called the herbal Viagra, Panax ginseng (red ginseng) has solid research behind it. …
- Rhodiola rosea. One small study indicated that Rhodiola rosea may be helpful. …
- DHEA. Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) is a natural hormone produced by your adrenal glands. …
- L-arginine. …
- Acupuncture. …
Does Ed go away?
But having trouble maintaining an erection isn’t always related to age. Many men will experience ED at some point. The good news is that the cause of your ED can usually be identified, and ED will often go away with treatment. The causes of ED can be both psychological and physical.
How long can the average man stay erect?
An erection can last from a few minutes to about half an hour. On average, men have five erections a night while they’re sleeping, each lasting about 25 to 35 minutes.
What is the best pill to stay hard?
The short answer
The best treatment for ED is the one that is best for you. Sildenafil (Viagra) and tadalafil (Cialis) are the most commonly prescribed medications for ED, and are equally safe and effective.
What foods help you get hard?
8 Penis-Friendly Foods to Boost T-Levels, Sperm Count, and More
- Spinach to boost testosterone levels. …
- A daily cup of coffee for better sex. …
- Apple peels to prevent prostate cancer. …
- Supercharge your libido with avocados. …
- Chili peppers to spice up the bedroom. …
- Carrots keep your sperm healthy. …
- Oats for a bigger O.
18 сент. 2018 г.
Is there anything over the counter that works like Viagra?
Are there any Viagra alternatives you can get without a prescription? The only over the counter Viagra alternative is Viagra Connect. This has the same active ingredient but instead of getting a prescription, you can go straight to the pharmacist to order it.